The wonderful Sandakphu Trek path begins only two hours outside of town. The trail appears to be in the middle of nowhere as it traverses from ridge to ridge, despite being only a short distance from the city. The beautiful Singalila Ridge connects Nepal’s majestic Himalaya to India. Walking this ridge to Sandakphu (3636 metres/11,929 feet), West Bengal’s highest point, where you can see the highest peaks on the planet, is the highlight of the trek.
Awaken from your peaceful slumber in Sandakphu and proceed to a vantage point. Mount Everest (8848 metres), Kanchenjunga (8586 metres), Lhotse (8516 metres), and Makalu can all be seen from here (8481 metres). It truly is one of, if not the, best mountain views in India. Where else can you see four of the world’s five highest peaks from the air?
Trek The mountains follow us from Sandakphu to Phalut. The view from Phalut is almost as captivating as it was the day before. The barren landscape gives way to reveal the majestic snow-capped peaks. We stayed in a trekker’s hut in Phalut, right next to the majestic Himalayas.
We hike from Phalut through the picturesque Gorkhey and Timburey landscapes before catching a ride back to Darjeeling.
We take you on an exciting day tour of Darjeeling’s cultural attractions, followed by a delectable dinner.
Every night of the trek, we stayed in teahouses run by local families (except at Phalut). Learn about the culture and the individual families who run the lodges. At the Timburey homestay, you can learn how to make momos and other traditional local dishes!
Season of Trekking Darjeeling’s Sandakphu-Singalila Ridge
- From June 15 to September 30, Singalila Ridge National Park is closed.
- The best seasons, however, are spring (March to May) and fall (15th September to November).
- This trek can also be done in the winter ( Dec – Jan – Feb ).
- In the spring, the colourful flowers bloom. In the fall, the skies are usually clearer.
The Journey’s Highlights
- Trekking through the forest and wildlife sanctuary of Singalila.
- The journey through dense, lush forests, with glimpses of the Sleeping Buddha.
- You will come across a unique landscape on your journey.
- Trekking between Nepal and India’s borders.
- Sandakphu, Phalut, and Tumbling have the best sunrise and sunset views.
- Enjoy the magnificent and unforgettable Singalila ridge, which encompasses Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, and Lhotse in a single stretch range.
- The Darjeeling region is home to over 400 bird species.
- Visit a nearby mountain village and interact with the residents.
- The journey takes 9 days.
- Difficulty of the Level 2 trek Simple and moderate.
- The most common types of lodging are guest houses and lodges.
- The highest point on Sandakphu is 3,636 metres.
- Fly into Bagdogra and take a taxi to Darjeeling. 4 hours – (2042 meters)
- Trek 11 km from Manyvanjang (2123 metres) to Tumling (2980 metres).
- Trek 19 kilometres from Tumling 2980m to Sandakphu 3636m.
- Trek 21 kilometres from Sandakphu 3636mi to Phalut 3600mi.
- A 14-kilometer hike from Phalut (3600m) to Gorkhey (2500m)
- 13-kilometer hike from Gorkhey (2500m) to Timburey (2100m).
- Trek (10km) from Timburey to Rimbeek, then drive to Darjeeling (4 hours).
- Darjeeling sightseeing and relaxation.
Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling Singalila Ridge Trek Route Manebhanjang, Tumling, Sandakphu, Phalut, Gorkhey, Timburey, and Darjeeling
Recommendations for Trekking Equipment and a Packing List Luggage/Bag Packing on a Trek:
During your trek, our porters and horses will carry your main luggage, leaving you with only a day pack containing a water bottle, camera, sunscreen, spare jacket, personal items, and so on. There are four distinct seasons. Sleeping bag (optional; if you do not have one, we can provide one from our site, which must be returned at the end of your trek).
Accessories and clothing:
The altitude of the trek routes ranges from low to high. A T-shirt, a pentagon, and a cap are all recommended. Shoes should be light, durable, and have a good grip. a sun screen lotion Hand gloves and a woollen cap are required.
A (-10 C) (50 – 60 ltr) backpack with multiple compartments will undoubtedly assist you in keeping your personal belongings safe and organised. In order for everything to fit in one haversack, it must be comfortable to walk with. A sleeping bag. The porters will transport your duffel or rucksack bag, which will contain all of your belongings. Make yourself a daypack.
Excedrin Extra Strength is used to treat altitude headaches.
Take Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules if you have an upset stomach or diarrhoea.
Altitude sickness is treated with Diamox 125 or 250mg tablets.
Flashlights: You’ll need one torch with an extra battery or a headlight.