MS in psychology is a 2-3 years program. By studying this course, you can open gates to lots of opportunities in the field of psychology. Moreover, this is why many psychology students enroll themselves in this academic program in the UK. But what is the fee of an MS in psychology program? So, What are the minimum requirements to study this course? Hence, to answer all these questions today we are going to learn about all the things that you must know about studying/pursuing a master’s in psychology program in the UK.
Why Pursue Master in Psychology at a British University?
Following are the benefits of pursuing a psychology course in the UK:
- Following 18 British universities rank high among top universities that offer quality psychology education.
- According to a survey, approximately 38,000 psychologists are working in the country. What does this mean? It means there is no shortage of opportunities for psychologists in the country.
- Moreover, at present around 22,720 international students are studying psychology-related courses in the country.
- 56% of students easily get a job after completing a psychology course in the country. Although, to learn about the best universities for pursuing MS in psychology feel free to contact our UK study visa consultants in Noida.
Following are some of the best British universities that you can join to study a psychology academic program:
- University of Oxford
- University College London
- King’s College London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- Warwick University
- Manchester University
- Cardiff University
- University of Birmingham
Popular Psychology Courses That You Can Study in the UK
Also, the following are the popular psychology courses that you can pursue at British universities:
- Sc. in Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- MSc in Health Psychology
- Master’s in Psychological Research
- MSc in Social Psychology
- MA in Psychology and Education
- MSc in Psychological Research
- MRes Psychology
- MEd Psychology of Education
- MSc Psychology
Following are the key requirements to study master’s in psychology in the UK:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 60% marks
- IELTS score of 6.0
- Work experience (not mandatory)
All students who wish to pursue a master’s in psychology must have a 3–4-year UG degree. To apply for admission to MS in psychology program students must submit their application via the website of the college. However, some British universities also accept admission applications through the UCAS common application platform.
Especially there is a list of the following documents that you will need for studying abroad at a British university:
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
- IELTS scorecard
- Fee receipt, etc.
Cost of Studying
Studying abroad at a British university can be a costly affair for foreign students. Thus, you must become aware of the cost of studying before leaving for the UK. On average you will need around £19,900 – £50000 to study master’s in psychology in the country.
However, getting an MS degree abroad can be an expensive affair. However, foreign students can reduce their expenses or financial burden by applying for a scholarship. But to apply for a scholarship you may have to fulfill certain requirements. Moreover, the following are the different scholarships for which students can apply to study a psychology academic program in the UK:
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
- University of Oxford
- Hilde Himmelweit Scholarship
- Antony Kidman Scholarship in Health Psychology
- David Vowles Postgraduate Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
So, once you complete your studies you will need to get a GBC membership for pursuing practice as a psychologist in the country. In addition on average, a psychologist can earn around £127,000 PA. Furthermore, the following are the different job options for psychology students in the UK:
- Counselling Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Psychologist Counsellor
- Health Psychologist
- Educational Psychologist
- Child Psychologist
International students planning to pursue a psychology course in a British university must apply for a UK study visa. Although, the visa for which a student must apply can vary depending upon the duration of their course. For, example if you are enrolling in a program with a duration of 11 months then you must apply for a short-term visa. However, if the duration of your psychology academic program is more than 11 months then you must apply for a tier 4 student visa. In short, to learn how to apply for a short-term visa feel free to contact our study in UK consultants in Delhi.
Therefore, the UK is one of the best places when it comes to pursuing a master’s in psychology. Plus, the cost of studying the academic program is also not that high in the country. So, if you are a psychology student then you must pursue your studies at a British university. Therefore, pursuing a master’s in psychology at a British university can be very beneficial for you.