Tried solutions but QuickBooks update error 1603 still occurs! Don’t panic. Common solutions may not always help fix the error. That’s why you need advanced solutions. However, you may need to have some basic IT professional skills.
Nonetheless, here, we come up with the explained solutions. You can easily resolve QuickBooks error 1603 using them. But, if it’s not your cup of tea, contact us. Our experts provide QuickBooks solutions.
Manually Fix The QuickBooks Error 1603 – Repair Microsoft Components
There are two essential system requirements to run QuickBooks. One is Microsoft.NET Framework and the other is Microsoft MSXML. When there is an issue with these components, an issue like error 1603 may appear.
Repair Microsoft .NET framework
- Open the control panel.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Now, select the Microsoft Framework.
- Then, choose to uninstall/change.
- After that, choose Repair Microsoft.NET Framework.
- Then, tap Next.
- Do as shown on the windows screen.
- After the process finishes, Restart your computer.
Open your QuickBooks application to see if the QuickBooks error 1603 is fixed or not.
Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Go to the start menu.
- Type run in the search bar and hit the enter.
- Now, in the Run dialog box, type appwiz.cpl and tap the ok button.
- Then, select MSXML 4.0/6.0 from the list.
- Choose uninstall.
Download & Install MSXML File:
- Visit the Microsoft website.
- Download the msxml.msi file for your system.
- Press Ctrl +J to open the download folder.
- Double-tap on the downloaded MSXML file.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install it.
- After it’s done, restart your system and check the error.
Also Read: QuickBooks Tool Hub Download
Run QuickBooks Install Tool
To run the QuickBooks install tool, please ensure your system is updated to the latest release. Hence, first, we’ll learn how to download and install the QB install tool and then fix error 1603 in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Update Windows
- Go to the start button.
- Select Settings (gear icon).
- Then, choose Update & Security.
- Locate and click on the Check for Update option.
Step 2: Enable Windows Installer Service
- Launch the control panel.
- Then, tap on the System and Security tab.
- Locate Administrative tools.
- Locate Services. Double-tap on it.
- A dialog box will show up.
- After that, find the Windows installer service.
- Then, tap on the option Restart service box.
- Fix MS.NET framework:
- On the control panel, tap uninstall program.
- Choose windows features.
- Please make sure that the .NET framework is not checked.
- Restart your system.
- Follow the above steps to recheck the .NET framework.
- Again, restart the system.
Step 3: Download the QuickBooks InstallTool.exe file
- Download and install the QuickBooks install.exe file.
- Its size should be 648 kb.
- Save the file on your desktop so you can easily access it.
- Now, double-tap on the file to execute it.
- See if the QuickBooks error 1603 still appears. Otherwise, follow on-screen instructions.
Update QuickBooks Manually
Lastly, you can try to resolve the error by updating QuickBooks. It will install missing components and update all its features.
- Open the QuickBooks application.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks.
- Then, tap on the tab Update Now.
- Now, select the updates to download before.
- Tap Get updates.
- Tap on the Maintenance Releases link and you can get the relevant details.
- Close the QuickBooks windows.
- Restart QuickBooks. When it prompts for installing updates, click Install Now (or Yes) and wait until the installation process finishes.
- Again, Restart your computer.
To Sum up:
An update error like QuickBooks error 1603 is common. It can show up anytime when you’re trying to install the QuickBooks updates. But, you have this guide. You can use it whenever such an issue appears. However, if the issue persists, contact us. We are available 24×7 for help.