Every individual moves through the stages of recovery at their pace. However, a Government Nasha Mukti Kendra in Ghaziabad moves through stages following a set pattern of including different treatment methods and achieving recovery goals or success. Knowing what happens at a Nasha Mukti Kendra in Ghaziabad UP can help one plan ahead. One needs to make an accurate decision as per their needs and requirement of care if they should attend an outpatient or inpatient treatment program.
The Nasha Mukti Kendra in Ghaziabad UP offers detoxification to help individuals safely get rid of the drug or alcohol toxins and residues from their bodies. However, the detoxification program depends on which treatment program you choose. The different treatment programs include:
- Pharmacotherapy: medication management along with pharmacotherapy are offered by most rehabilitation centres. Herein, the resident doctors prescribe medicines to target the prevention of withdrawal symptoms of the substance use disorder one is struggling with. These Nasha Mukti medicines commonly include naltrexone, disulfiram, buprenorphine, benzodiazepines, anti-nausea medication, anticonvulsants, and antidepressants.
- Inpatient residential: an individual receives full medical care with access to trained mental health professionals that monitor one’s vitals and withdrawals symptoms and prescribe medications such as suboxone or methadone to address the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Nasha Mukti Kendra Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh offers an in-house detoxification centre. The detox typically lasts up to fourteen days to ensure that the alcohol or drug is completely out of one’s system.
- Outpatient Program: designed to assist the treatment seeker detox with minimal supervision, which implies that this is suitable for individuals that are likely to experience mild to moderate levels of severity in their withdrawal symptoms. Here, an individual visits the doctor for a check-up once a day, and the detox program lasts for about a week. A physical assessment is conducted initially, including a withdrawal assessment to determine if an individual requires an inpatient or outpatient program for detox.
This stage of the rehabilitation process at a Nasha Mukti Kendra Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh, is often considered the most challenging period in recovery. This is because one has to overcome uncontrollable cravings and go through unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Post the detoxification stage, one begins inculcating healthy coping styles that help one stay sober. This is done with the help of a counsellor or psychologist. This mental health professional will help you overcome triggers and manage cravings to develop the required tools to stay sober once the treatment is complete. This stage generally entails:
- Learning the impact of alcohol or drugs on one’s body and brain
- Looking at addiction from a perspective of behavioural and health issues.
- Understanding the withdrawal process
- Developing techniques and strategies to manage and overcome triggers and cravings
- Recognising the trigger-arising situations that result in drug use
- Learning more about cravings
- Coping with triggers and cravings
- Learning more about abstinence
- Getting an insight into how medications and over-the-counter drugs affect one’s state of recovery
- Learning and using the mutual-help and support groups such as twelve-step
- Toxicology screening to ensure that an individual is not using drugs or alcohol.
Maintaining sobriety at the government Nasha Mukti Kendra in Ghaziabad includes skill development, stress management, relaxation, anger management, and coping skills. One will learn about nutrition, self-efficacy, and exercise. One will get acquainted with all the tools that help build a healthy lifestyle.
Along with continued therapy, one can expect to learn:
- Relapse planning
- Responding to slips or drug use
- Living with enablers
- Stress management skills
- Coping skills
- Handling negative emotions
- Advanced trigger handling
- Daily living skills include housing, money management, legal assistance, etc.
- Stress management and life balance
- Structuring time
- Managing family dynamics
- Learning about healthy vs Unhealthy relationships
- Rebuilding relationships
- Fitness and health
All the stages contribute to the recovery of an individual. The absence of either of the stages will result in incomplete treatment and increase the chances of experiencing a relapse. Now that you know what to expect from a rehabilitation centre, you will not feel ambivalent about seeking help.
It is essential to choose a rehabilitation centre as it offers:
- Treatment for types of addiction and co-occurring disorders
- There is a highly educated and experienced team of mental health professionals, including psychologists, psychiatrists, and counsellors.
- A warm and supportive environment to nurture an individual’s healing and accelerate their recovery.
- A post-discharge treatment plan to maintain sobriety.
- Access to support groups such as alcoholics anonymous and narcotics anonymous.
Family counselling and couple therapy help the loved ones of the treatment seekers.