Google Ad Manager 360 is a premium version of GAM designed for publishers with greater levels of traffic, more complex ad configurations, and more advanced requirements.
Google Ad Manager 360 offers a number of new and quite valuable features, such as Open Bidding, Audience Management, and access to Google Support, in addition to the standard GAM features.
GAM 360 requires over 90 million monthly impressions. If your volume is lower, you can still use the premium edition of Ad Manager, but only through a GCPP.
The premium edition of Ad Manager adds a number of new and valuable features, such as Open Bidding and Programmatic Guaranteed, in addition to the standard features available to Publishers who use Ad Manager.
Open Bidding, also known as Google’s response to Header Bidding and formerly known as EBDA and Exchange Bidding, enables additional SSPs to be integrated into GAM and compete in real-time server-to-server bidding with AdX and other price-priority line items. Open Bidding simply increases the level of competition and demand for your inventory.
Customers can directly purchase a set number of impressions from the Publisher at a predetermined price via programmatic guaranteed deals. Programmatic Guaranteed grants Publishers access to premium advertisers willing to pay a premium for large inventory volumes.
Other GAM360 features consist of:
- Advanced video settings,
- Extensive audience targeting and automatically suggested ad units
- Ad unit that requires explicit targeting by traffickers in order to serve line items.
- Formats: GAM SB supports all ad formats including rich media formats and in-banner video.
- Line Item Category Hierarchy: There are a total of seven distinct levels (Sponsorship, Standard, Adx),
- Audience segments,
- GAM data in data studio, a reporting tool dashboard,
- More detailed reporting and reporting perimeter reports are available, including future sell-through and invoiced impressions.
- Team network options that simplify granting and restricting granular access to data, advertisers, and advertisements to groups of users
- txt. Management,
- Creative wrappers (code fragments that can be added before or after creative code),
- Access to Google Support directly.
GAM 360 benefits overview
- Enhanced Reporting: Integrate GAM with Google Data Studio to improve visual reporting
As the number of impressions increases, reporting becomes increasingly difficult. In the face of complex sell-cycles and ever-increasing line items, publishers seek out improved reporting systems. This is where GAM 360 enters the picture, as it enables publishers to link to Data Studio. It converts your data into easily readable and shareable reports and dashboards.
- Audience Solution Audiences can be segment based on various demographic characteristics.
Using Audience Solution, publishers can segment audiences based on specific demographics and sell advertisers inventory that is narrowly targeted by:
Associating these segments with advertising units, placements, and key values.
- Configuring additional attributes including the number and recency of page views (or app activities).
- Create a team to streamline user management with the Teams feature.
Teams can be configure to restrict access to advertisers, agencies, proposals, orders, ad units, and other objects. Individuals who manage multiple firms in their Ad Manager 360 account will find the Teams feature particularly useful, as it can aid in the protection of client data and the avoidance of confusion.
Innovative Video Options, including Podding, Dynamic Ad Insertion, and More
- GAM 360 also provides publishers with advanced video ad solutions. However, the availability of these options may vary based on the account type you have with GAM 360. Advanced GAM 360 publishers have access to more video ad features than GAM 360 publishers.