When it comes to safety during travel with children, infants and toddlers, responsible adults will take this matter seriously and thoughtfully. Whether you are traveling by land, air or sea; staying with friends or choosing from among favorite hotel rooms, you will want to the best decision for your child. Luxury Homestay in Mussoorie Below are Ten Tips that will help you be better prepare during your travels and will help make it a safer, fun and less stressful experience for you both.
Children under 40 lbs (or 18.1 Kilos) should use a child safety restraint device.
The FAA has a brochure advising parents to use a child restraint system (CRS) that is approve for airline use. The label on the car seat or other CRS should specifically say “this restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft. If your child’s weight is over 40 pounds, they can use the seat belt provide in the aircraft seat. If the child is under two, consider buying a separate seat for the child and use an appropriate restraint system for the seat.
Luxury Homestay in Mussoorie If the child is under two and will be traveling on the lap of an adult. Consider using an appropriate in-flight child restraint. Also, bring along an appropriate child restraint system. A seat just in case you happen to be next to an unoccupie seat.
Seat your child away from an aisle:
Small children have a lot of energy and enjoy interaction and exploring, but if they are on the aisle they could get hurt if their little arms get bump by a person or serving cart passing down the aisle. Ideally, two responsible adults should sit on either side of the child. Also, one can seat the child on a row with a window on one side and a responsible adult on the other.
How Old Should My Infant Be Before Air Travel:
There are a number of things to take into consideration while you are deciding to fly with a newborn. First, you should realize that you would be exposing the baby to possible infections on a crowded airplane.
- Since colds and flues are easily transmit in a close airplane cabin with recirculate air.
- Luxury Homestay in Mussoorie and these viruses can be very dangerous to a baby at a week or two of age than one who is four or six months old.
- Breastfeeding transfers many protective antibodies to a baby, however, Luxury Homestay in Mussoorie and may help make her less susceptible to infections.
- It is recommend that you and your baby visit your pediatrician prior to Traveling and get their advice on when you child is healthy enough to travel by plane.
Take extra precautions for children traveling alone:
Escort the child onto the aircraft and check the area around the seat for hazards such as heavy carry-on items in the overhead storage bins.
Ensure that the person meeting the child at the destination will have proper identification.
- Make it clear to the child that they should report any problems to a flight attendant.
- If the child has to change planes, Luxury Homestay in Mussoorie it is very important make arrangements for the child to be escort between gates.
- Know who is responsible for this action and always get/give cell numbers contact information.
- This usually costs extra and is require for small children and is recommend for older children, especially those old enough to do it on their own but not mature enough to deal with potential problems or temptations at a busy airport.
Invest in a cell phone for your child with a child monitoring device and tracking locator. Nothing is worth more then the safety of your child and this type of investment can save a life.
If traveling by car,
Especially with young children, Luxury Homestay in Mussoorie plan to stop often. Make sure to limit the time you are driving behind the wheel at any one stretch to prevent driver fatigue. This is especially important if your body is not use to driving on long road trips. By taking road stop breaks, your children can stretch out their legs and use the facilities as often as they need to.
Snacks and drinks are helpful to not only pass the time, but chewing and drinking can help to relieve air pressure from their ears. Bring finger food type of snacks and not something that can melt or smear.
Books, Toys & Games:
Limit the use of personal electronic equipment (stereos and computer games) so that conversation can take place. If your family doesnt make a habit of doing this at home, bring along a few games as icebreakers. Its often amazing to discover the things your children will say if they know you are listening. Check out books on tape from the library and listen to them as a family.
The older your children get, the longer the books can be. If you forget to pack extra activity items then many hotel rooms. Will have a writing pad and pen that could be use for your child to draw on.
Dont Over Do It:
You will save yourself a lot of stress by not trying to do too much. Once the children are asleep in the hotel room or your vacationing location you should take some time for yourself to also unwind. By setting aside times for rest before and during your trip you will be more alert and refresh.
Bring A Change of Clothes:
Another good idea is to bring an extra change of comfortable clothes. Having comfortable clothes for the flight and emergency changes and this type of distraction. Will help make the flight a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Plastic bags are nice to have handy to put solid clothes in. Luxury Homestay in Mussoorie by tying them up tightly any unpleasant smalls will be lock inside the bag.